Friday 6 May 2011

ty ty ty and for my next trick.........

well after spending much time trawling through a friend's blog and really liking what i read i decided to start my own, those of you who don't know me can treat me as a god until the truth emerges and you all realise that's actually not true, and those who do know me .....shhhhh! :o).

don't really know where im to start so i guess i will start on yesterday and maybe in future blog's recall some memorable stuff form the past.(or be too bone idle to do that and stick with the up to date stuff). had a weird day yesterday really, changeover shift from nights to day's which always leaves me exhausted but on top of that it was stevie b's birthday and the team and i went across to churchill hospital's oncology ward (Steve has a brain tumour)for a surprise party for him. it was a bitter sweet occasion as it's really beginning to show just how poorly he is now, hard to believe he was working along side of us just a couple of months ago. i really wanted to greet him with a complete piss take of his situation, as we always did with each other but i could tell as soon as i walked in that he was struggling to grasp who we were let alone deal with the sarcasm we usually threw back and too to each other and everyone else to be honest.

it was great to see so many people there for him and i know i felt a little awkward but i relaxed after a while, plus, i took my camera  with me and took lot's of photo's which took my mind of the sadness of it all. to top it all off we got playing silly games with balloons which climaxed with me stuffing two up my top and then giving steve a very unconvincing rendition of Marilyn monroe's "happy birthday Mr president"! but it made us all laugh and ended the night on a high. i guess i got that piss take in after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment